Recent News

"From out of the dark"

From Out Of The Dark

From out of the dark is a collection of 6 songs finished during the infamous Covid lockdown of 2020, drawing musical influences from many different genres and based on different themes close to my heart.

Some with a narrative, others about how I felt a particular junction in life, playing music, writing and recording songs has been a great outlet for me and helped me deal with and express myself in a productive fashion.

With no single genre over the six songs I decided to put them out as From out of the dark, to show how something good can come from the darkness. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making them.

I appreciate so much all the friends and family who have helped critique these tracks ready for public consumption. Thanks also to my younger sister, Hannah, for providing her vocal talents and lyric writing on two of the songs.

Please listen below and follow me on all of my social networks using the links above.

Matt x

#StarWars #DarthPlagueis Mini Review

I am glad this book has come into existence. To find out about the events pre episode 1 was extremely intriguing to me, and more so to discover about the rise of Darth Sidious to Sith Lord.

The book is well crafted, and begins with the accession of Darth Plagueis, a tall and wealthy Muun, from apprentice to Sith Lord, following the murder of his master, Darth Tenebrous.

Darth Plagueis has an obsession with the Midi-Chlorians within all living things, and in particular learning the skill to manipulate them to prolong life, even his own. Whilst experimenting with these force techniques, he discretely manipulates Sidious's rise to political power, from an angst teen on Nabboo to the senate on Coruscant.

I was completely glued to this book and it's revealing story until I had to finally admit that I'd read it all. It does use a multitude of characters, company names and occasionally feels like Luceno was writing with a thesaurus never too far away, which sometimes caused me to re-read sections to make sure I knew who everyone was and what I'd actually read.

I won't talk anymore about the story to avoid spoilers, but I highly recommend this book for anyone with even a vague interest or affection for the Star Wars franchise and the expanded universe. It's a good book in it's own right. The fact it's faithful to the Star Wars universe makes it great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment